POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with object pattern syntax... : Re: Need help with object pattern syntax... Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with object pattern syntax...
From: Carl Hoff
Date: 4 Mar 2004 15:07:34
Message: <40478c86@news.povray.org>
> Please make some attempt to reduce your code to the part that
> shows the actual problem. In doing so, you will often find the
> problem yourself,

Sorry... I'm still learning the ropes.

> and even if you don't, it makes things easier for the people
> reading your message.

I see your point and I agree 100%.

> For example, your code could have been reduced to this:
>
> object {plane {y, 0}
>     texture {
>         object {
>             sphere {< 0, 0, 0>, 1}
>             texture {pigment {rgb 1}}
>         }
>         spherical
>         texture_map {
>             [0 pigment {rgb 0}]
>             [1 pigment {rgb 1}]
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> Which requires no other code to parse, is far shorter, and
> makes the main problem quite obvious.

I see this certainly has the same problem as my pieces of
code.  What I was trying to copy was this piece of code:

object{object_a}
   pigment
      {object {object_b}
            pigment {rgb 0.5}
            pigment {rgb <1,0,0>}
      }
   }
}

Except I want to use a texture object pattern and not a
pigment one.  Is it even doable?  I'm thinking its just
a syntax problem but I can't find an example of a texture
object patern to copy.  I want something that assigns
one texture inside the object and a spherical texture map
outside the object.  I was also wanting to scale the
second texture and not the first.  I'm still new enough the
problem isn't obvious to me.

Can you give me another push in the right direction?
Carl